Saturday 10 May 2008

l'Air du désert marocain

“When I created (the perfume) l'Air du désert marocain, which still is my personal favourite, I had a picture in mind, a hotel bed in Marakkesh, in the early evening, the sun gone. The moon would rise soon and I imagined myself being in this room, lying on the bed, exhausted from the heat of the day, with the window open, letting the cool air in. A soft and dry wind coming in, carrying the scents from the near desert, and the spices of the busy streets below. Lying on the bed, dreaming of a moon raising over the sandy hills of the Saharan desert, I dreamt the fragrance of a Moroccan night.”
– Andy Taeur, creator of the cult perfume, l'Air du désert marocain


Hello dears!

I am slipping off to Marakkesh today to revive the senses.

Love, J x


Link: Andy Taeur's blog: a perfumer's blog on perfumery

No comments: