Sunday 8 July 2007

happy delusions

Here's me on Japanese television...

Just reading my notes from a wine tasting. Cause "I know what I like":




Yesterday, before a blind tasting of 40 wines, I'm sure I heard we were tasting Chardonnay. And I swear they were the best 40 Chardonnnay I had ever tasted, even if there was a small voice in my head saying, "this is weird". Then, after writing them all up and scoring each one, I found out they weren't Chardonnay at all. It was all Riesling.

(Riesling is not oaked, light and lime-citrus crisp: the opposite to Chardonnay which is usually oaky, heavier and buttery smooth.)

But I know what I like...

I like television and I like pink and I'm quite...
surprisingly clever


Which made me think, does it really matter what I tasted if I enjoyed it? Maybe it's better to stay happily delusional...

I am the Tsuji Nozomi of wine. "This (wine) is like a room full of stuffed animals and when you go in it's all pink and like the floor is covered in heart-shaped fluffy rugs."

No comments: