Wednesday 27 January 2010

2010 Wish List #5: Inflorescence Champagne


Coming in at number five on my wish list of cool curiosities I'd love to try this year is Cedric Bouchard's Champagne, Inflorescence.


"The explosive, kaleidoscopic Champagnes of Cedric Bouchard are some of the most compelling wines coming out of the region today... Readers should do whatever they can to experience these magnificent wines." - Antonio Galloni, Wine Advocate

When I read this review in Wine Advocate last April, I immediately started to look for stockists. There's something appealing about a single-grower in Champagne in a place where every vineyard is held by multiple, usually corporate, interests. It's the heroic story of the little guy winning against the big guys. There's also hardly any of it around, and what was available had been snapped up, which, as you can imagine, drove me even more crazy...

Also, the word, Inflorescence - it sounds like it blossoms with marvelous bubbles. Does it live up to the name? I definitely want try a glass or two this year and find out whether it lives up to the hype.


No comments: